Preventing violence in the Bow Valley
YWCA Banff is a community-based, social profit organization with over 100 years of experience in Banff and the Bow Valley. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, YWCA shapes a safe, inclusive community that empowers women and girls.
In pursuit of this mission, YWCA Banff focuses on the following outcomes:
- Provide a continuum of services and programs that activate our community to end gender-based violence
- Establish a spectrum of sustainable housing solutions with a focus on women
- Advance the rights of women and girls through leadership development, community awareness, training and advocacy
- Build a sustainable organization respected for exceptional people and employment practices including: financial stability, ongoing social and community investment, and wisest operational practices.
YWCA’s priorities in program and service delivery focus on:
- Access to a safe place for individuals experiencing violence
- Safety planning, counselling and support services for victims of domestic and sexual violence
- Education programs for children, youth, and the community that promote healthy relationships
- Permanent and temporary affordable housing
- Empowering clients to make informed and safety-focused decisions
How will my contributions be used?
Walk A Mile is essential in reaching our annual fundraising goals to help us meet the service needs of our community. All of our services are free of charge, professional, and confidential, and are accessible to all Bow Valley residents.
Funds raised from Walk A Mile directly support the YWCA’s work to stop violence in our community. Your fundraising efforts and donations will directly support these essential programs and services offered throughout the entire Bow Valley. More details about the programs and services are available at www.ywcabanff.ca.
VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAMS
Programs focus on building self-esteem and healthy relationships:
- Children & youth programs
- Community programs
- Healthy relationships
SUPPORT & COUNSELLING SERVICES
Includes crisis intervention, safety planning, counselling, advocacy and referrals for:
- Intimate partner violence
- Sexualized assault
Events that celebrate and empower individuals throughout the Bow Valley community:
- Change Makers
- Bow Valley Women of Distinction
- Red Rose Campaign