Preventing violence in the Bow Valley
YWCA Banff is a community-based, social profit organization with over 100 years of experience in Banff and the Bow Valley. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, YWCA empowers women, girls and the community through leadership development, advocacy, and the provision of relevant programming and services.
In pursuit of this mission, YWCA Banff focuses on the following outcomes:
- Respect for the human rights of women and girls
- Advancing the leadership development of women and girls
- Providing and advocating for suitable emergency and transitional housing, and permanent affordable housing
- A sustainable community-based organization
YWCA’s priorities in program and service delivery focus on:
- Access to a safe place for women and their children experiencing violence
- Safety planning, counselling and support services for victims of intimate partner violence and sexualized assault
- Programs for children, youth and the community in the prevention of violence;
- Permanent and temporary affordable housing
- Empowering clients to make informed and safety-focused decisions
How will my contributions be used?
Walk A Mile In Her Shoes is essential in reaching our annual fundraising goals to help us meet the service needs of our community. All of our services are free of charge, professional and confidential, and are accessible to all Bow Valley residents.
Funds raised from Walk A Mile directly support the YWCA’s work to stop violence in our community. Your fundraising efforts and donations will directly support these essential programs and services offered throughout the entire Bow Valley. More details about the programs and services are available at www.ywcabanff.ca.
VIOLENCE PREVENTION PROGRAMS
Programs focus on building self-esteem and healthy relationships.
- Children & youth programs
- Community programs
- Healthy relationships
SUPPORT & COUNSELLING SERVICES
Includes crisis intervention, safety planning, counselling, advocacy and referrals for:
- Intimate partner violence
- Sexualized assault
- International Women’s Day
- Bow Valley Women of Distinction
- Red Rose Campaign